Developers wanted, inquire inside !

Interested in helping out the project?
gustav

Post by gustav » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:14 pm

Jibblino, u got it all wrong

ppl just say that they will help but they dont..... :evil:

DarkJin

Post by DarkJin » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:01 am

some of us may be offering help but most of those people if not all of em dont have a clue on what they would be doing to help...

Cubed

Post by Cubed » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:54 pm

i wish i could help, but i dunno any of that stuff yet....too bad im only in HS and havent really been exposed to this stuff =(

deadlock

Post by deadlock » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:54 pm

SQL and i'm learning python too. Just tell me how can i help.
Will i need much time to give some help?[/b]

starkravingmad

Post by starkravingmad » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:09 pm

[quote:da847e0a06=\"deadlock\"]SQL and i'm learning python too. Just tell me how can i help.
Will i need much time to give some help?[/b][/quote:da847e0a06]

It's open source, so grab a keyboard and dive in. Code discussion is done in the Binary Emergence section. If you are wondering where to start, look at the Active tickets here

BlackNine

Post by BlackNine » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:16 pm

Yo I am interested. I know php,mysql,xhtml, and css. I have almost a year under my belt. I work days as a developer. Feel free to PM me.

jopnick

Post by jopnick » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:01 pm

Heyo,

I spoke with malign a bit the other night. To make my intent to help a little more public... here it is.

I'm in my last year of a BS in computer science. All my coding experiance to this point has been C++ and for the networking stuff C libraries redone as C++ objects. OOP was a year or so ago, but I'm sure after coding a few classes i'll find my way back into it. I've also dabbled in a bit of ASM and reversed stuff w the gdb, but just enough to know its alot of work. I've looked through the SVN and the code there is very well organized and the code elegant as can be. I had some questions about the abstration class nemerle challenged to prospective devs... but this isnt really the place for that.

I can do some other junk too. Perl is my huckleberry, PHP and SQL at that, as well as all the frills that go with webprogramming (CSS, AJAX, JS etc ). I can do some Java and .NET as well, but I dont really like Vis.Studio. and Mono is alittle young for all that. Java I can handle if need be, but again, I'd rather stick to stuff I know. I can handle *nix like OS's as well. By no way a guru, but I can hold my own ( in linux at least )

I'll get this class written once i get a couple details and then perhaps get to know more of the Dev's in the IRC to see what the coders are like. Fork stopped in for a min to joke abit, but the only person I've really spoken w is malign ( who seems like a strapping young chap ). In anycase, pehaps Joppy will find an afterschool-project in CoHEmu?

Jop

Morten Jørgensen

Post by Morten Jørgensen » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:07 pm

Hi Know a bit Mysql and PHP/Html :)

NOT for designe purpose but more for programming newssystems and usersystems etc.

Can You Guys Use that? :)
Mail me on mortenbormeth@msn.com

paulista

Post by paulista » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:45 pm

Hello, I'm Web Programming and I have experience in Game Web Sites.

I Know HTML / Flash / MySQL / MSSQL / ODBC Systems.

I can make your site in Full Flash, with Liquid Board (A Resizeable Web Site accordind the Screen Resulotion)

If you want the web site, plz just let me know.
I'll be gald to make part of this project.
=]

Thank you.

Ps.: I'm Brazillian, I can make translations to Portuguese too.
It's is needed a review for english version, to make sure it's all right.
=]

Cya

Kalean

Post by Kalean » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:30 am

Hey Paulista. We did have a site for awhile, but we had to take it back down because the images were all copyrighted stuff. I'm in the process of rebuilding the site to take out the images (not to mention finally tend to the DRASTICALLY out-of-date info) and give the site a new look. However, it's a slow process since I, like everyone else on this team, have some other priorities to tend to.

The bad news (for us Web Devs anyways *wink*) is that the boys need the site to be as simplistic as possible for various reasons. So no flash or server-side dynamic programming (yeah ... it broke my heart, too).

HOWEVER.....

I could certainly use some help with the design since I'm a bit limited in the creativity department.

Ok ... a lot limited actually ....

As for the translation, that's a future thing we are definitely interested in. Once the site is back up, we can talk about that.

Catch me in the IRC sometime and let's talk.