um..

Not so SEGS related topics
chidoku

Post by chidoku » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:55 pm

[quote:91ae0f3f22=\"gustav\"]THIS is why we need a Philosophy part in this forum!![/quote:91ae0f3f22]

Or, someone should just start up a philosophy forum. I would join it as soon as it was up myself :P

malign

Post by malign » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:07 pm

[quote:440c945eab=\"chidoku\"]
Hmm, Wiccans sacrificing animals? That I have never actually heard of, and I am no wiccan. I do not believe in any God, only the thing that grants me life, this earth keeps me alive and therefore I believe in it. And I think you should go check up on Wiccanism before you state something like that. Oh, and I said nothing about that thing with power, I just say that Fire, lightning, tsunamis, tornadoes and such are Powers that exist.[/quote:440c945eab]

Wiccans are pagans. There are always those "real Wiccans" who claim they are benign. But in reality, I have known first-hand many people claiming to be "witches". They dress in gothic clothes and behave mysteriously and speak of ritual sacrifice. They even carry an "athame" (dagger) with them. I wonder what this weapon is used for... Also, where do you think movies like "The Craft" came from? The concept had to come about from somewhere...

[quote:440c945eab]
Math might be able to claim it is very unlikely, but anything is still possible, call it my "faith".

Well, if humans and dinosaurs existed alongside eachother I have to find that info, 'cause it would be interesting, I like learning new stuff :)
And no, I did not claim we just popped out, I might have been unclear. I think we evolved from something else.[/quote:440c945eab]

But then you're left with the question, where did this "something else" pop out of?
See the circular reasoning?

Thanks for atleast not thinking we have to be the only life in the universe. Do you think the possibility exist that we might not be the only intelligent race? I think the possibility exists.[/quote:440c945eab]

I don't think we are the only intelligent group in the universe. Most times, I think we humans are stupid as a whole.

Btw. I am on the works of learning C++ and possibly Assambler, so I might just join the team in about half a year or so when my skills are worth anything.[/quote:440c945eab]

Sounds good. Keep at it.

--malign

gustav

Post by gustav » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:54 pm

just about all the god talk...

heres what i got to say:

once upon a time in a small willage where humans just had started to evolve (and create stuff and think about stuff) a "thinker" said to a "smart guy": why is the sky blue at the day and black at the night ?

now the "smart guy" didn't whant to sound "unsmart" so he said: cuz god made it that way.

so the "thinker" said" whos god?
"smart guy": he is the one who created everything all around the world, like the sky.. you and me and so on and so on..

so the "thinker" said: really?, how do you know all this? (you must b really smart)
and the "smart guy" aka priest awnsered: wellgod has conntected me and told me all this cuz im his chosen one..... and the priest fealt really good about him self...

and you know the rest... the "thinker" stops thinking cuz he can get all the awnsers from the priest. and the priest soon understood that he could get money and food from all this bullshit..

this is a child storry created by me to show how religons started......

and thats what i think about it.. its for kids... points less...
its fun to laught at.. but to beleave that he just told ONE guy everything there is to know and that this ONE guy (whos in most storrys old) would remember everything that god said...
... and it was also really smart by him so tell this things that he said along time ago so that no one can prove that he actualy said all this.....

i know all this can sound point less.. but think about it... its made so that on one can prove them wrong... or right... but when you tell then what you cant prove them right they go all like: but he left us this BOOK !!!!

-_-

in other words.. i dont like religions.. it holds the humnaity back.. it creates wars.. it doesn't bring ANYONE ANYTHING good.... >.<

btw if we are all gods children..... whats so special about jesus ??

chidoku

Post by chidoku » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:53 pm

gustav, I have to say that religion, even though I myself do not care for it, does bring good with it. It brings comfort and peace to some peoples minds. Yes it has created more wars in the world then anything else, even more then greed has, but it does bring good with it.

Malign, anyone not believing in "God" are pagans. A pagan is not something bad, it is just someone thinking different and not caring for millenia old tradition.

Sure, some "wiccans" may be like that, but there is a difference between Wiccans and Witches. Wiccans normaly does not dress in gothic clothes, wiccans are nature people.
The athame is a focus, used sometimes, but not often, to make blood sacrifice, ones own blood. I guess this sounds disturbed to you, but it isn't. Many people in the bible sacrificed worse things, and god appreciated those sacrifices.

The film "The Craft" is about black magic worshippers, not wiccans.

Where something else poped out of? Good question. Where did God pop out of? He/she couldn't have already been there 'cause he must have come from something himself/herself. I do not believe in God, I do believe in evolution. Evolution makes more sense then some "Man on the moon" to me.

shadowrex

Post by shadowrex » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:44 pm

Eph 6:12-17
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but
against principalities, against powers, against the
rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual
hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore
take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able
to withstand in the evil day, and having done all,
to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist
with truth, having put on the breastplate of
righteousness, and having shod your feet with the
preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking
the shield of faith with which you will be able to
quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take
the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God...

Zeph 2:3
Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth...
seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be
ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD's anger.

chidoku

Post by chidoku » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 pm

wtf?!

shadowrex

Post by shadowrex » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:12 am

A little something called scripture, from the bible

gustav

Post by gustav » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:15 pm

[quote:ed1e4e8e08=\" some parts of a book thats in the bible (this line it self isn't in the bible any more but it once was)\"]a man that has long hair is a shame to all men and will go to hell[/quote:ed1e4e8e08]
[img:ed1e4e8e08]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3530/jesusza5.jpg[/img:ed1e4e8e08]

WTF ?!

shadowrex

Post by shadowrex » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:12 pm

malign

Post by malign » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:51 am

By the way, gustav. That's how Catholics depict Christ. Who really knows what he looks like? They tend to do this a lot. They also do it with the virgin Mary. It is wrong to fashion idols in someone's likeness. Christ more than likely did not look like the picture you are showing anyways.

--malign