Outside connections to Server

The hands of the Atlas are tireless.
jmmiracle

Outside connections to Server

Post by jmmiracle » Tue May 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Hello all,

I have my personal SEGS server running internally on a Windows 7 Virtual from my gaming computer. On that Windows 7 machine, the firewall is completely disabled. The host server is configured to pass traffic directly to VM. Again, locally, everything is fine.

My problem is when I try to access it from outside my network. I have opened up the ports and pointed any external ports below to forward to the same ports on the SEGS machines IP address. When I try to connect externally, I get the login message that "The login server is currently unavailable." What am I missing? Are there other ports I need to open?

[*]Port 2106 (TCP and UDP) opened through firewall and port forwarded to same port on internal Windows 7 SEGS server.
[*]Port 5432 (TCP and UDP) opened through firewall and port forwarded to same port on internal Windows 7 SEGS server,
[*]Port 7002 (TCP and UDP) opened through firewall and port forwarded to same port on internal Windows 7 SEGS server.
[*]Port 2103 (TCP and UDP) opened through firewall and port forwarded to same port on internal Windows 7 SEGS server.

Thanks for the assistance.

broxen

Re: Outside connections to Server

Post by broxen » Fri May 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi JM,

I'm no expert, but the guys in our discord (discord.segs.io) #troubleshooting channel have provided the following advice:
ldilley on May 11th:
UDP 7002, 7003 (no TCP) and TCP 2106 (no UDP.)
TCP 5432 is Postgres and it is not advised to open that to the public.
"The login server is currently unavailable." points to an issue with TCP 2106 connectivity.

either the service is not really running and listening or not handling connections properly, the port forwarding is not configured properly on his/her NAT appliance, or the settings.cfg location_addr value in the AuthServer section is not correct. s/he can attempt to telnet to 2106 of whatever his authserver address is externally to see if it's timing out or giving "Connection refused." if that's the case, it's likely an issue with the hole poking on his NAT box/router or authserver is not bound and listening on the correct interface and port.
-broxen

jmmiracle

Re: Outside connections to Server

Post by jmmiracle » Fri May 11, 2018 5:15 pm

Thank you. I will give the suggestions a try.