Current work.

broxen

Re: Current work.

Post by broxen » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Still cool! Keep up the amazing work!

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:31 pm

And... I've added textures, since I've got tired of watching everything in shades of white
A texture is You
"Ich was in one sumere dale,
in one suthe diyhele hale,
iherde ich holde grete tale
an hule and one niyhtingale."

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Another bunch of pictures ( for no actual reason, I've fixed some of the issues with MapViewer)

Some greenery, cars are not lighted properly
Windows are missing a proper reflection textures
Same as bus stops,but lanterns are glowin
Bilboard
Nice view on medical center
View from a roof

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:53 pm

Today I've added an UI side-window to MapViewer to help out with debugging various issues in a loaded map
Thrown together it might be, but helpful nonetheless

broxen

Post by broxen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:57 pm

It's so great to gain this type of insight into the process. Thank you for sharing these screenshots!

I'm a complete novice, so forgive my question, but is the mapviewer a tool for representing the way the server sees the map? I'm guessing this is necessary for pathing, collision, and probably other things I'm not familiar with. Because on the client side the client handles all this internally, but you obviously can't rely on that in a multiplayer setting, because cheating.

Back in my UOX days, we learned we could change the map locally and access unavailable or hard to reach places on the official server. They fixed this bug shortly after T2A came out.. in UOX and later RunUO, the server had to have a matching map file stored locally for these reasons. This experience is where my question comes from, but I wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly.

broxen

Post by broxen » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:42 am

Also, off-topic but, are you running MATE or Cinnamon desktop? What distro?

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:22 am

broxen wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:42 am
Also, off-topic but, are you running MATE or Cinnamon desktop? What distro?
Arch linux + KDE5 (plasma)

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:26 am

broxen wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:57 pm
It's so great to gain this type of insight into the process. Thank you for sharing these screenshots!

I'm a complete novice, so forgive my question, but is the mapviewer a tool for representing the way the server sees the map? I'm guessing this is necessary for pathing, collision, and probably other things I'm not familiar with. Because on the client side the client handles all this internally, but you obviously can't rely on that in a multiplayer setting, because cheating.
MapViewer, right now is actually that, a viewer for CoH map files. As a bonus functionality it also has ability to load model 'prefabs' ( think a set of models in a specific configuration i.e. a trashcan and some papers strewn around it )
It's a platform for implementing/testing various map server bits, .. and having fun looking around :)
broxen wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:57 pm
Back in my UOX days, we learned we could change the map locally and access unavailable or hard to reach places on the official server. They fixed this bug shortly after T2A came out.. in UOX and later RunUO, the server had to have a matching map file stored locally for these reasons. This experience is where my question comes from, but I wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly.
The MapServer basicaly runs the same simulation the client does. And verifies collision/movement/etc. things for all active players

broxen

Post by broxen » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:41 am

How do I load a map with the mapviewer? What command line arguments does it take?

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:45 pm

The code in the repository does not currently load the map.
Only my local copy of the codebase has that functionality. I'll release a windows preview binary this week.
The code will get released but I want to clean it up lot, since it's pretty messy.