Where Ye Be?

'Yack it up.'
Styrj

Where Ye Be?

Post by Styrj » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:14 pm

Hey nem! Where ye be? How's about ye gives us a hoot'n holler. :D nem old boy, what you been up to these days? Hope you're in good health & had pleasant holidays.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

nemerle

Re: Where Ye Be?

Post by nemerle » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:18 pm

I'm always here, currently I'm working on some non-SEGS related things though ;)
"Ich was in one sumere dale,
in one suthe diyhele hale,
iherde ich holde grete tale
an hule and one niyhtingale."

Styrj

Post by Styrj » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:49 pm

Rats! Dang! Bummer! :cry:

Oh well! Hope to see you back in the saddle again. :) One question though. Should NCSoft sell the CoHV IP to a holding company, do you have any plans to lend your services to any of the successor projects (City of Titans, Heroes & Villains, etc.)? Just curious. Anyways, good to see you live and well! :)

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:27 pm

Styrj wrote:Rats! Dang! Bummer! :cry:

Oh well! Hope to see you back in the saddle again. :) One question though. Should NCSoft sell the CoHV IP to a holding company, do you have any plans to lend your services to any of the successor projects (City of Titans, Heroes & Villains, etc.)? Just curious. Anyways, good to see you live and well! :)
Well, the fact is that even if CoH/V IP gets transferred, from what I've seen the source code will not be a part of the deal, so all the expertise I've gained regarding inner workings of the client, would not make much of a difference :)

Styrj

Post by Styrj » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:19 pm

Don't sell yourself short nem.

From what I understand (from reading related posts on the Titan Network) is that NCSoft would sell basically a disk image to the holding company. This would/should bring the game up to I23. I24 was in beta at the time of closure. I was playing on Test 100% during that time.

Mega

Post by Mega » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:45 am

Hey Nem, have you ever thought about using your expertise/experience and what you've currently accomplished to see if you could work together with one of the other #SaveCoH projects? I'm just wondering what would be in the best interest for you. Not sure if you're feeling lonely or who, if anyone else is working on this project with you :P

You heard of the Atlas Park: Revival project? I just recently came across it and haven't looked into it too much yet. I'm not sure if it's a reverse-engineered CoH but I want to say it looks like one, but with updated graphics.

Main reason I'm making this post is I feel like you might feel overwhelmed a bit or you might could contribute some very valuable information and findings to a project that could really need it. As you've come so far as a single person, I already know you are extremely talented and dedicated. But I also feel that if you were to team up your efforts and influence with some other developers that yours and their projects combined could shoot passed the stars. After all, CoH was made for teaming! ;)

I, of course, do not know your complete situation, views, or goals on this and I mean you no disrespect or anything. I'm just trying to share my views.

I'm glad to see you're still alive, though!

Mega

Post by Mega » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:54 pm

Bumping in case you missed my post~ Saw you had visited the forum since but not sure if you overlooked this thread. @Nemerle

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:47 pm

Mega wrote:Hey Nem, have you ever thought about using your expertise/experience and what you've currently accomplished to see if you could work together with one of the other #SaveCoH projects? I'm just wondering what would be in the best interest for you. Not sure if you're feeling lonely or who, if anyone else is working on this project with you :P
I've tried helping the "secret project" but nothing came of it. As for helping other projects ? There were a few people trying to help out, but none with enough willpower/interest to stick with it long enough. It's one of the main reasons I've stopped allocating large amounts of my time to SEGS.
Mega wrote: You heard of the Atlas Park: Revival project? I just recently came across it and haven't looked into it too much yet. I'm not sure if it's a reverse-engineered CoH but I want to say it looks like one, but with updated graphics.
Yes I know about Atlas Park: Revival project, it's Atlas Park, lovingly recreated using Unreal engine. No reverse engineered code at all ( and no server component either )
Mega wrote:Main reason I'm making this post is I feel like you might feel overwhelmed a bit or you might could contribute some very valuable information and findings to a project that could really need it. As you've come so far as a single person, I already know you are extremely talented and dedicated. But I also feel that if you were to team up your efforts and influence with some other developers that yours and their projects combined could shoot passed the stars. After all, CoH was made for teaming! ;)
I, of course, do not know your complete situation, views, or goals on this and I mean you no disrespect or anything. I'm just trying to share my views.

I'm glad to see you're still alive, though!
Thank You for Your kind words :)