A few things we were considering at the dawn of the project.

'Yack it up.'
nemerle

A few things we were considering at the dawn of the project.

Post by nemerle » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:47 am

It's a nostalgic trip into our early days :)

http://redmine.nemerle.eu/projects/segs ... OfEmulator
"Ich was in one sumere dale,
in one suthe diyhele hale,
iherde ich holde grete tale
an hule and one niyhtingale."

Leviathan

Re: A few things we were considering at the dawn of the proj

Post by Leviathan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:19 pm

These are some pretty sweet ideas. I love the idea of the personal AV. However, I don't really think AV's would fit as rare spawns (like GMs). The PVP idea sounds pretty cool, but how would that work? Would zones like The Hollows always be PVP or would you be able to disable that option somehow?

Sentry

Post by Sentry » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:32 pm

Leviathan wrote:These are some pretty sweet ideas. I love the idea of the personal AV. However, I don't really think AV's would fit as rare spawns (like GMs). The PVP idea sounds pretty cool, but how would that work? Would zones like The Hollows always be PVP or would you be able to disable that option somehow?
There's a thread on the titan forums asking people about what features would stop them from coming back to CoH.

The most common answer was "forced PvP", and I can understand that sentiment. If there isn't an option to turn it off, I'd recommend against turning old PvE zones into PvP ones. PvP zones worked fine, as did arena.

When the time for PvP balance comes, I'll be here. I've still got contact with a lot of the old competitive players, and have done a lot of analysis on CoH PvP, and what made it great.

Also, auto-balanced PvP would be hilariously exploitable.

That being said, the suggestions seem to be really far off. It's good to have ideas for the future though.

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:00 pm

If you guys want to refresh and extend this list, the editing rights are only redmine account away :)
"Ich was in one sumere dale,
in one suthe diyhele hale,
iherde ich holde grete tale
an hule and one niyhtingale."