If PlayNC gets smart and adds vehicles...

What would you like to see in CoX project ?
newblet07

Post by newblet07 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:52 pm

First and formost, would like to have access to tutorial zone hehe.

~On to the topic~

Punisher had a motorcycle (i think) and so did Batman...along with other goodies hehe...anyway Would be cool if they did another emu if a major update happened, such as vehicle or 1 or 2 new character classes were put in. Like wall crawling or grapple system. :D Grapple and wall crawl would be outdated movements compared to current movements, but alot of people would choose to use them :) I know its alot to ask for something like that, and if this stuff ever happened it would be a year away, but a major change like that deserves attention :) (here's hoping)

P.S. I know they said they would stop here with the publishes so they don't have to keep reworking the code. :-p

Ping King

Post by Ping King » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:05 am

Vehicles won't work, most zones arn't really accesable by vehicle.

newblet07

Post by newblet07 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:51 am

i know, i supose it would be kinda hard to do. They would have to make it appear and disappear. The selection would from from a new menu and it would spawn on command. So you zone and then pull it out and use it and store it just before going into a dungeon. It could be another menu like next to Inspirations and enhancement menu...maybe it wouldn't be to hard o.0 Just a spawn command.

Warhead

Post by Warhead » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:31 am

Dakkus, vehicles in the game would be completely retarded. You're a SUPERHERO. Not the punisher, or batman. That's why they give you Superspeed, Superjump, or Flight at level 15. Maybe you haven't gotten there yet.

gustav

Post by gustav » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:47 am

[quote:96a7bb02c4=\"Warhead\"]Dakkus, vehicles in the game would be completely retarded. You're a SUPERHERO. Not the punisher, or batman. That's why they give you Superspeed, Superjump, or Flight at level 15. Maybe you haven't gotten there yet.[/quote:96a7bb02c4]

u mean lvl 14 ??

newblet07

Post by newblet07 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:55 am

Hmm maybe you really didn't get it, not every super hero could fly, jump, teleport and/or run really quickly. If they have a Natural Martial Artists that does Kung Fu, you can't jump 100 feet in the air. I don't even think spiderman could jump 100-200 ft in the air. Its no different than adding super speed when you can get fly, its for added variety and flavor. Super Hero means there is something special that sets you apart, not "omg pwnzors i can fly so i r super. Thats just another super ability. Captain America, classic super heroe, OmG he has a motorcycle, nope thats not super sry Cap'n ur not a heroe less u can fly so go home.
I'll admit that they probably can't get every super heroe movement and archtype choice in their but I mean this is still one of the basics.

BTW: I've been playing CoH since a few months after its launch. Don't insult me because I want to be a heroes that doesn't fly or teleport. Why can't i cruise around and see a hot chick in distress and jump off all cool like and toast the bad guy with a fire ball :cry:

Ping King

Post by Ping King » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:29 am

I still believe the only time we will get vehicles is if they allow you to customize your power.
Super Speed - Bikes
Flight - Booster Pack
Jump - ... Some type of Device
Teleport - Some type of Device

newblet07

Post by newblet07 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:33 am

:( i know

knightmare

Post by knightmare » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:06 pm

i think people just bashed Dakkus too much and overlooked the fact that he just mentioned a really cool concept, grappling hooks and wall crawling. think about it, spider man had it, batman had it,the hulk even had it ( he could climb up walls)

there could be different variations on the powers which would be based on what origin you choose, like you could have natural grapple hooks, or webbing stuff like spider man your are tech, or possily stretchy arms for mutants

and for wall climbing you could have just grabing into the wall and climbing out of sheer strength for natural characters, small claws on your hands for tech of science, and sticking to walls for mutants

though this is far off for cohemu and would actually have to be a seperate cohemu mod made sepeartely and not supported by the creators of cohemu seeing as you would need to modify pigg files to do it (thats illegal).

newblet07

Post by newblet07 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:08 pm

Ooo stretchy arms, nicey nice. Thx for defense :D