A goofy idea i had while playing COH once.

What would you like to see in CoX project ?
yusupov

Post by yusupov » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:35 am

come on lets make this server ONE OF A KIND, THE BEST server, GAME comparing to all those L2, WOW, privet servers where its unbalanced, let people talk about this server of how great it is, let people love, donate because GM's making the game best for us "The first server thats balanced and everyone loves it"

csnow

Post by csnow » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:52 am

If fly was as fast as super speed/super jump then it would be a decent power set to have. As it is now, you would have to be a moron to pick it. It sucks endurance, is almost as slow as run. The other powers in the powerset aren't especially great. You will have to have hover or air superiority first. Hover is nice in a few missions.. but never necessary. It is also painfully slow and no matter how high you are, you can still be hit from the ground so you cannot use it to avoid dangerous areas before you get fly ( like the gulch in hollows). Air superiority looks cool but none of my close to 20 toons have fly, so it has been a while since I have used it. The highest power in the set is group fly. I have only seen one person the whole time I have played coh that had it and used it. You have to stay in range of the guy w/ it... and end up dropping out of the sky if u don't. Just my opinion on the power set as it exists.

Reason to have ss/sj if fly was as fast or close to as fast... would be self evident if you have ever played the game at a higher level.
1. Zones like founders falls have snipers. Go ahead and use fly in this area.. hope you have enough hp to handle the hit. With super speed/sj you aren't up that high that long and are going behind buildings w/ every jump... so you aren't in the sight line of snipers long.
2. A lot of missions are objective only (not defeat all) where you only have to find evidence or a person or defeat a leader. When you are soloing or on a small team it is often nice to turn on ss and zip thru the mission until you find what you need. Fly is a pain in the butt in buildings and caves. You are constantly getting stuck on celings and obstacles and you can still be shot... you rarely even get seen much less shot at w/ ss.
3. SS/SJ use endurance.. but they don't suck it up. Try having fly on w/ invis (what you often have to do as it is if you have a class w/ low hit points and are in a higher level zone) for any length of time. I don't know how many times I heard that out of end sound and fell from the sky.. sometimes in a bad, bad place.

Fly just looks cool. What is the purpose of a cape on a hero that doesnt fly? Lol. Well, off to actually play coh. At least the fly on my warshade is fast.

Ping King

Post by Ping King » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:15 am

How would having fly as fast as SS be unbalance at level 50?

Naminator

Post by Naminator » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:37 pm

it wouldnt!
I may understand why ppl would whant to let the cohemu bee like it was before the nerfs where happening, but leting flight be as fast as ss or sj just so you can beat some missions easily would be wrong and defenetly unbalanced!
plus who would ever pick ss or sj if flight was as jast as them?? You cant have every thing.

CyRoWsIoUs

Post by CyRoWsIoUs » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:01 am

Well, if your gonna up flight speed ( or at least when one hits 50) then you mine as well give the other travel powers a treat when hitting 50. Like super speed is REALLY super when 50, or super jump is like crazy high

Ping King

Post by Ping King » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:29 pm

[quote:559b068e2a=\"Naminator\"]it wouldnt!
I may understand why ppl would whant to let the cohemu bee like it was before the nerfs where happening, but leting flight be as fast as ss or sj just so you can beat some missions easily would be wrong and defenetly unbalanced!
plus who would ever pick ss or sj if flight was as jast as them?? You cant have every thing.[/quote:559b068e2a]
Flight wouden't allow you to finish mishions faster, you do not get the +stealth buff from it like superspeed and hever you ever try to fly in a cave? Its fucking hell, hell its hell no matter what instence your in its hell to fly and to think at super speed? Hell No.

Why would anyone pick it the others? Well I dunno the powers besides they're travle powers and the benfits they gain from the pool (Speed-Hasten) (Jump-CombatJump Accorbatics)(Teleport-teleporting, duh) and also [b:559b068e2a]theme[/b:559b068e2a]

DarkJin

Post by DarkJin » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:58 am

way i see it is to not make any changes to the travel powers... Super Speed is called Super Speed for a reason... Flight is fast enough... if you dont like the speed of flight get SS and SJ... i get both just cuz i like running very fast... and jumping really high... especially off high buildings... Flying might be fun but In my opinion SS and SJ is funner... with just SJ alone you could get to the top of a building faster than Flight... if you know how to do it right...