Connecting Guide and FAQ

'Yack it up.'
nemerle

Re: Connecting Guide and FAQ

Post by nemerle » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:53 pm

KingCrazy wrote:I thought you had a whole team of people, considering the number of people willing to help.
I wish that was the case :)
But sadly, beside will on has to have ability and/or time to dive into things.
"Ich was in one sumere dale,
in one suthe diyhele hale,
iherde ich holde grete tale
an hule and one niyhtingale."

Brixmon

Post by Brixmon » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:01 am

So, is it really back? Do I really get to play City of Heroes again, albeit in an older, buggier, less complete state?
I'm kinda skeptical, this all sounds too good to be true. Running the installer now, but if it is true...
thank you. This means a lot to me.
Edit: Hm. Well, made a character and I proceeded to bug all over the place. Something tells me I should wait...
But it's there! And it works well enough, for what it is. I'm glad you guys are doing this.

AlienOne

Post by AlienOne » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:33 am

Hey, just loaded it up myself... Was a very nostalgic experience to say the least! Thank you for working on this, and I hope that you guys will be able to at least get it into a workable state as far as "fighting bad guys" and maybe even playing a Warshade! Again, thanks! You've done a hell of a job.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:50 pm

I've installed the client and 'server' number.

I can log in.

Buggy. ;) But to be expected. You've done well to get it this far...and all by yourself by the sound of it. :/

Great to see 'Issue 1' back. And I think many would like the option to play Coh up to issue 4 or before ED?

...and to have other issues on record so you can play the issue you like. Coh became quite complex later. And sure, we'd like that option to have issue 24 beta out there...guess other people will quietly have that covered... ;)

For now...just getting the (surprised at just how small the initial client was!) issue 1 'out there' with combat and missions would be a massive achievement.

Sounds like Coh will come back from the grave by sheer force of will. It's only code. And they are clever people out there.

Can't see teh powers list at moment. Or Npcs? And there's mucho lag on movement. No power management of powers either.

But I'm in Atlas and can move...a little... It's a brave start.

Azrael.

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Sat May 03, 2014 4:28 pm

Just a small heads-up, the server address changed to 77.46.93.89 . I've updated the first post of this thread.

Working on providing access through stable dns name instead.

nemerle

Post by nemerle » Mon May 26, 2014 5:42 pm

The server address you should use now is much more stable: test.nemerle.eu

PocketKnife
Community Manager

Post by PocketKnife » Mon May 26, 2014 9:25 pm

Howdy -

If you're interested, I'm going to write a guide on how to download and install. The guys have made it really simple. Even I can do it lol

Let me know!

Cheers,

Rich

fitzypoop

Post by fitzypoop » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:13 pm

I just went to the piratebay link to get the game so I can see how things have progressed since the last time I stopped by and found that piratebay is not online right now. Through a google search I found that they were raided and shut down. Is there an alternate source for the game or am I stuck without a fix of COH-goodness?

Thanks.

pikabko1

Post by pikabko1 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:21 am

Hi there its been a long time since I was hear. its now about a day or two left days left of 2014 and about to move to 2015 My questions for the end of the year is......
A) Do you people have a new updated COX that the problems are fixed?
B)how much had been changed and how mush had been repaired. please let me know
my last visit was on Aug 17 2014 the download I got was from 2013. Yes its been a while.
news:
Atlas Park Revival is busy working on rebuilding City of Heroes redeveloping the game will take a long long long long long long time to do. right now only 2 people working on it with the development. right now they gone in to several zones from scratch with a blank screen and starting adding streets, a ton of a lot of work had been done to Atlas Park. also nuked most of Steel Canyon and rebuild the rebuild. well its coming along. its very nice of what I did see at Atlas Park. at least production line photos. the Unreal Engine 4 is going to take over the old graphic engine what ever that was. the fans call it City of Heroes 1.5 for the end of the year two updates had been done. 11/26/2014 they gave a map and they nuked Steel Canyon, then before I notice a new 2nd update 12/10/2014 they had been working on other zones and added streets and a Hidden story is making people start asking questions. like a empty blank page next to North and to the east of Independence Port. a new zone questions that got people excited. if any of you got the blue map that comes with the CD/DVD rom pull it out. look for Steel Canyon and Independence Port. in between the two there is a empty gap. the only thing there is a green line for the transit there is a blank zone added to it. they are not talking. http://apr.pc-logix.com/ go look around all over the forums . ubntill then good luck
on please remind me of any updated download to COX please thanks

pikabko1

Post by pikabko1 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:19 am

Bad news from the Atlas Park Revival. Lots of people are killing the Atlas Park Revival accounts or got kicked out. its a prank joke on a fake project that is not being worked on. so you can forget about COH 1.5 and the Unreal Engine 4 . I think NCSOFT is creating these fake deals thinking COH is coming back.
COHTITAN NETWORK is possible owned by NCSOFT. COHREVIVAL or ATLAS PARK REVIVAL is owned by NCSOFT.
they all work the same. they all have the same rules. they have the same power. USA is not invited.